Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome to Room 8

Hello and welcome to my class!  I am enjoying getting to know everyone!  As you know, the 1st 2 weeks of school I was gone to do a shark longline survey with NOAA (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration).  I gained so much valuable information to share with my classes!   I already am giving them a tour of the ship.  Be sure to ask them the various parts.  We will be building ships, doing a shark longline survey simulation, feeling shark skin, and much more. 

Your child may have told you that we have a Science Mobile Museum coming on Friday. Also, we will be doing our lava lamp lab on Thursday.  Thank you to everyone who brought supplies!  I will let you know the supplies needed for our next lab.

Please check back in at this site to see what we have going on in Room 8.  Also, you can subscribe to the blog so you will get updates every time I post. 

Before I leave, here is the link for my NOAA Teacher at Sea blog:


http://teacheratsea.wordpress.com/category/noaa-teacher-at-sea-2/jennifer-daftari/
 
Also, if you want to learn more about the ship I was on, you can go to http://www.moc.noaa.gov/ot/.
 
I am looking forward to a great year!!
Drew, Travis (Scientists) and I with a Sandbar Shark

Touching a Nurse Shark
                                                      
Getting ready to board NOAA Ship Oregon II

Jeff and Cliff, Fishermen, getting a Blacktip Shark on board