Monday, February 2, 2015

Skype with Penny Pettigrew, NASA PAYCOM

We just got to Skype with Penny Pettigrew, PAYCOM (ISS Payload Communications Manager) at Marshall Space Flight Center! We loved it!! She told us that she communicates with the astronauts on the International Space Station every day. When asked what advice she would give a 5th grader she replied, "From a young age I had a passion to work with the space program. My best advice is to do what you are passionate about and do it the absolute best that you can. You will never regret where you end up. Also, this is to all you girls: As a girl I was told I couldn't do many things in the field of science. I had roadblocks growing up of others telling me I could not do it. If anyone ever tells you that you cannot do it, don't believe them. You jump over that road block, you run through it, you do whatever it takes. But believe in yourself that you can do it because you can."